Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Baby Sensory Class

Apart from swimming and occasionally going to story telling time at the library, Medina also goes to Baby Sensory Class. At first I thought I didn't want to enroll her just yet because I needed to use the money for something else, but Allah SWT has other plans for me. You see, I won a lucky draw contest and the prize was FREE three sessions of Baby Sensory Class for Medina. We got lucky, Alhamdulillah. There are six sessions altogether in a term. Each session is for one hour per week. So I had to pay for three sessions only since I won the other three. Weeeeee!

What does she do in the Baby Sensory Class? A lot! That's what. She does activities that can stimulate her five senses. The theme is different each week. So babies are always discovering something new. Last week the theme was reflections. Medina explored mirrors, lights, shadows and the like. This week the theme is going to be weather. I can't wait for that.

It's true that a lot of the activities can be done yourself at home, but she won't have friends at home! Not to mention equipment and ideas! You have to be creative to play with your babies at home. Anyway, back to the topic friends, I am currently studying on peer interactions among children under three. So I know the benefits of having peers around you are endless, especially when you start young. For example, she can learn how to take turns or how to enter a play. Sometimes she might be involved in conflicts with peers but that's okay because she can learn how to solve the conflicts later.

Anyway... I'll talk more about that in my next post, someday. For now, I'm going to sign off with some photos of Medina at the Baby Sensory Class.


Medina playing balls with her peers. Don't they all look the same from above?

Exploring lights. My baby likes to put everything in her mouth. 

Watching the dancing lights.

There's two sessions left to go. I might enroll Medina again next term. She seems to enjoy going to the classes. And I'm thinking, maybe I should open one in Malaysia? What do you think friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment