Tuesday, 6 September 2016

Solid food

My baby is six months now and thus we have started to introduce solid food to her! Exciting! I think the parents are more excited than the baby. Well, to be fair, I don't exactly know how she feels about solid food, but let's assume the mother is more excited.

Anyway, we introduced avocado as her first solid food. We mashed it instead of blended it (because we didn't have a blender at that time). She opened her mouth wide and swallowed the food, so I'm guessing she is okay with it. At first she didn't know how to get the food to the back of her mouth. She spat the avo a few times but she got the hang of it after a few tries. Clever girl! Mummy is so happy. Alhamdulillah.

Here is a picture of her, eating avocado. Messy and sloppy, but I don't care, as long as she eats it because avocado is good for her.


We bought a blender especially for her food and now I blend everything before I give it to her. After avocado, we gave her sweet potato (which she loves!), apple (which she hates because it's sourly), banana (she loves this one), carrot (nope. Doesn't like this one) and pumpkin (yes, she is okay with it). 


Next on the list: pears and butternut squash! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment