Monday, 11 July 2016

How was your Eid celebration?

Eid Mubarak everyone! Ramadhan left us and Syawal came to greet us. I couldn't help thinking, will I get to meet Ramadhan again next year? I feel like I didn't do much Ibadah this year. I'm still learning to juggle my time between being a mum, wife, student and a good servant to Allah. It's hard, I'm not lying. I did not go to any mosque this year for tarawih. I have a four month old baby who needed to be in bed by 8pm thus, I prefer to stay at home. Some nights, Medina was so cranky that I didn't even do tarawih. Some nights, I was so tired that I couldn't get up at night. Oh well, life with an infant is not as easy as I used to think. You won't know how hard parenthood is until you become a parent yourself. I'm hoping to do better next Ramadhan. InsyaaAllah. 

Anyway... Eid was alright. We celebrated Eid at my parents' house first and then we drove to Raub to be with my in-laws. What's your favorite Raya dish? Mine is Soto Ayam. I'm not a rendang / lemang person. I'm a soup kind of girl. So that explains why I like soto. 


This year I'm fortunate to celebrate Eid with a husband and daughter. Alhamdulillah. Driving long distance with an infant is not easy but Allah helped us. Medina slept in the carseat throughout the journey. She's such a good girl, MasyaAllah. 

Something new, this year  I get to collect duit raya for Medina. All will go in her saving account. She may use it for her studies or hajj or wedding someday. Thank you. May Allah gives blessings to the givers.

Happy Eid everyone! May Allah accepts our ibadah and may we be healthy to do more ibadah next Ramadhan. Ameen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment