Thursday, 5 May 2016

Being a PhD Mom

At the moment, my worries are on my studies. I am a PhD mom and needs to concentrate on being a student, mother as well as a wife. I can't go to uni like I used to. When I was single I went out of the house at 7.30am and came home at around 11pm. Well, gone are the days. From now on, it's work from home. But that's a big challenge because there's too many distractions at home. There's laundry, food in the kitchen and a baby who wants my attention. But, I am working on to be a master juggler. InsyaaAllah I can cope. I am not the only PhD mom out there. I know so many PhD moms and they have completed their thesis on time. InsyaaAllah I can do the same. My other challenge is that, I am a new mother and I have little clue on how to take care of a baby. 

Anyway, I look at Medina and I am reminded at how much I wanted her. I prayed to Allah for a child and Allah answered my prayer as soon as I got married. Alhamdulillah. For that I am forever grateful. I love her so much. Little Medina is growing up healthily, Alhamdulillah. I look at her everyday and see a chubbier and longer baby. MasyaAllah! Time passed by so quickly. In a blink of an eye she has grown. Amazing! I don't want to miss these moments. My parents even offered to take care of her in Malaysia so that I can concentrate on my PhD in New Zealand. I don't think I want that, no matter how tempting it sounds. PhD can wait. Medina is my priority. When she needs me, I have to close my laptop. When she is asleep, I open it up again. I know in my heart that Allah will help me. InsyaaAllah. He wouldn't give something that you can't handle right?



A doa I found to ease your days... 



Read it everyday. InsyaaAllah Allah will make things easy for us. Ameen.

*Photos were from the world wide web.

2 comments:

  1. I know right..the distractions are real :) I have to attend to homework and reinforcing routines for my 2nd son as he is only in primary one. Plus my eldest will be sitting for PSLE in September, in sya Allah.

    I do not have a mother or a mother-in-law...or any other extended family to help me either. It has been this way since i got married. So, i believe you are having it a tad easier than me :) Alhamdulillah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulillah! we can do this!!!

      Delete