Saturday, 13 February 2016

Camping

A little #throwback. Thought I'd write about my camping experience. My friends and I went camping 3 weeks ago. My brother tagged along too as he was in NZ at that time. It was my first time camping here in New Zealand and it certainly was my first time camping while I'm pregnant. I was 35 weeks when we went camping. Crazy huh? But I was confident with myself and everything turned out A okay.

We went camping at Castlecliff Beach, Whanganui. It was a nice place. The campsite was clean and tidy. The bathroom was nice, the kitchen was good and the dining area was huge. We were satisfied with our stay, Alhamdulillah. The only drawback was that, it was a hot summer day that day! It was so hot that we got sunburned. But the good thing about the place was that, the beach is just next door. So we cooled of the heat by soaking in the cold water. 

Our tents

This red one is mine. Shared it with dear hubby and bro of course.

By the beach. The sunset was spectacular.

Whanganui is a nice town. One of its famous landmark is the Durie Hill Tower. When I first set eyes upon it, I immediately thought of 'Rapunzel'. Hehehe... I can't believe the tower from the fairy tale exists in our real world. I had to climb it! It was so high, but I made it up to the top with my pregnant belly. My husband stayed behind though. So I was alone up there. The view from the top is beautiful!

Durie Hill Tower

View from the top of the tower. 

On our way to Wellington, we came across a small, cute town called Foxton. I saw a Dutch Windmill there and of course I had to ask my husband to stop for photos. It's not everyday you get to see a Dutch Windmill in NZ or anywhere else for that matter except in Holland itself. You can actually go in the windmill and watch a demonstration on making flour but we arrived too late so it was closed when we arrived.

De Molen, Foxton.

Alright! That's all for now. Need to get back to my books. Procrastination much? :p
Until next time. Oh, Baby is 38 weeks today! Alhamdulillah. Not long now! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment