Thursday, 14 January 2016

The Alpaca Place

My sister and I went to meet and greet some alpacas last month. Some of you may not be familiar with this animal. Well, all I can say is that it looks like a llama but they are not alike. Alpacas are bred for their wool but llamas are bred as pack animals. Take a look at the facts below.

Photo from here.

This Alpaca Place is at Wairarapa. It's about 1 hour and half drive from Wellington. You have to book in advance for admission. Here is the link to it's webpage.... http://www.thealpacaplace.co.nz/our-location/

My sister and I certainly enjoyed ourselves here. It's not easy to find an alpaca. So why don't you drive to the farm and meet them? We get to feed the alpacas and take them for a walk. It was nice. It would be a lovely getaway for children if you have any. I'm sure children would love this kind of activity unless they are scared of animals.

Sadly, when I went to visit them, most of them were wool-less. The wool has been shorn off. Nevertheless, they were still cute.  Some photos taken by yours truly below...







They are cute, don't you agree? Most of them have white wool but you can see some unique ones in brown and black. The alpacas are really friendly. I think I may want to visit them again. Maybe in spring when they are all fat and heavy with wool!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment