Sunday, 11 October 2015

Oh the things I worry about...

Okay, there seems to be ten thousands things to worry about. I received my ticket to Wellington from the uni last week! Weeeeee! It's dated on the 13th Nov 2015. Flying soon! But that's the fun part. The worrisome parts are:

- that means I have to finish off my PhD work (data collection) by the 13th of Nov. That's a month away! Hoping everything will be settled before I go back to Welly. InsyaaAllah.
- will I be alright on the flight with a pregnant belly?
- who will I be sitting with? Is my seat near the toilet?
- is baby going to be okay with the air pressure on the flight?
- what will the immigration say at the airport gate?
- hoping my luggage won't be too heavy. Not that I'm going to carry it but I need someone to help me with the lifting.
- we haven't found a suitable house to live in yet. 
- will house hunting be difficult?
- will house viewing be tiresome? I hope I won't have to view houses on hills or houses with lots of steps or I'll die of exhaustion.  
- when do I go to the hospital to carry on with my antennal check ups? What do I do? What do I say?
- what do I say to my supervisor when I see her? Is she going to be disappointed and angry at me because I'm pregnant? Okay I don't really care what she is going to think, I love my baby more than I love her.
- my husband is coming in Dec, am I going to miss him and be miserable until he arrives? Well I know I'm going to miss him but I hope I won't be crying or miserable at night.
- what shall I bring to NZ? I haven't packed my bags yet. Do I need to buy some baby stuff from here?

and many more worries to go on... but I shall think positive and chill. I'm good like that. hehehe :) Below is one of my fav poems about letting go of your worries by Rumi.


Let go of your worries
and be completely clear-hearted,
like the face of a mirror
that contains no images.
If you want a clear mirror,
behold yourself
and see the shameless truth,
which the mirror reflects.
If metal can be polished
to a mirror-like finish,
what polishing might the mirror
of the heart require?
Between the mirror and the heart
is this single difference:
the heart conceals secrets,
while the mirror does not.
(Rumi)

2 comments:

  1. Hana.. oh I hope there is someone who can teman you... May everything will be eased by Him for u babe.. tk cr and less worry hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. InsyaaAllah my sister is coming with me :)

    ReplyDelete