Friday, 24 July 2015

Study date

It has been a while. How was your weekend? Mine was filled with lots of ketupat and rendang in lieu with Eid celebration. It was also filled with love and laughters. I don't fancy ketupat and rendang much. I love soto ayam! I like everything soupy. Now that's my cup of tea.

Anyhooo, School has reopened. So I'm back on my feet - slowly though. Not that I go to school here in Malaysia but I have to get work done. My husband is studying like mad because he has exams next week. I on the other hand have to submit my interview transcriptions to my supervisors.

Transcribing is not hard work, I can tell you that. But it's boring. You have to listen to the interview and type the conversation word per word. I had to rewind and re-rewind the audio just to get the right words. My interview was in Bahasa Melayu so I have to translate that into English as soon as I finish the transcribing. 

I do my work at several places. Sometimes at the library, sometimes on my bed and sometimes at the cafe. I love doing work at the cafe best (only when I'm just typing. I love the library when I'm concentrating on my readings). Something about the smell of coffee and the ambiance of cafes make me energize. I don't drink coffee but my husband is a coffee lover. Today, we are studying at Artisan Coffee, Petaling Jaya. It's wonderful because I get to eat cake while typing. hohohoho....


Chocolate chip cheese cake and his latte. 

It's Friday today. Have a barakah Friday everyone. Until next time. xxx

2 comments: