Thursday, 30 July 2015

Far From the Madding Crowd

I don't have time to watch movies nowadays... certainly one that takes more than two hours. But I recently watched this movie... Far From the Madding Crowd...


I have always been drawn to classic movies, ones that are especially set in England. I'm the Jane Austen, Bronte sisters, Downton Abbey type of woman. Anyhow, the movie above is based from a classic piece of literature by Thomas Hardy. He finished writing the story in 1874 but later made some changes for the 1901 edition. So you can imagine how the setting of the movie is like. At that time, women were not independent and becoming the master or 'boss' was unusual. Bathsheba was different. Because of her boldness and beauty, she had many admirers. She had trouble choosing a suitor. 

In the end, her one true love was.... Okay I'm not going to spill the details if you haven't watched or seen the movie yet. You can find out the ending on your own. Just prepare a packet of tissue by your side. I cried while watching the movie and my husband found it ridiculous. Men!

No comments:

Post a Comment