I love making cakes (only when I have spare time). I love eating cheese cakes so I love making cheese cakes only. Makes sense? Last week, I made a strawberry almond cheese cake.
Below is the recipe if you are interested.
For the base, you need butter and biscuits (people usually use digestive biscuits but I substitute it with arrowmilk biscuits or marie biscuits coz they are cheaper).
1. Crush the biscuits.
2. Melt the butter (you can put it in the microwave for a while for faster result)
3. Then mix the crushed biscuits and the melted butter together.
4. Put the mixture in a cake spring form or any container / pan / bowl of your choice.
5. Then put that in the fridge to chill.
For the cheesy top part, you need two boxes of Philadelphia cream cheese, a tablespoon of vanilla extract, half a cup of caster sugar, crushed almonds and strawberries (or other fruits of your choice). You also need an electric mixer for faster beating.
1. In a bowl, put the two boxes of cream cheese, half a cup of sugar, a tablespoon of vanilla extract and crushed almonds.
2. Mix them all together until smooth using. Well, the nuts won't be smooth. What I mean is the cheese and sugar together. Let them blend nicely together.
3. When that is done, take out the biscuit base from the fridge.
4. Pour that cheese mix on the biscuit base and smooth it nicely.
5. Decorate your cake with strawberries.
6. Put in the fridge again to chill for 3 hours.
You can always change your ingredients. If yo don't want to put almonds, you can put Oreo cookies or lemon juice etc. You can also put whatever toppings you want. I understand strawberries are a bit expensive. So you can use grapes or rice chocolates or jams.