Friday, 8 May 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Reminder to everyone who is reading this. Mother's Day is in two days. Send your mum flowers, chocolate or cards.
 
What I love about mother's day or father's day is that, I get to pick out cute cards for my parents. This year, I selected this postcard for my mama...
 
 
It's a picture of "In the hammock" by a famous German artist named Hans Thoma (1839-1924). I don't think mama had a hammock when I was a baby and I certainly don't have blonde hair, but those are not the reasons why I like this picture. I like it simply because it's a beautiful picture of a mother who fell asleep while taking care of the child. Even though she is asleep, her hand is still holding the baby to make sure the baby is with her.
 
Now, I don't know the real story behind the painting. You have to ask Hans Thoma himself for the explanation. I just like the whole concept.
 
According to my mama, I was a very clingy child. She couldn't go to the toilet or kitchen without me crying my heart out. I am assuming that mama also had a hard time sleeping because of me and this photo reminded me of her (and me). *wink*
 
I love you mama, to the moon and back. Always and forever.
 
Lots of love, your princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment