Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Bride to be

In the midst of studying, I am also preparing for a wedding. In twenty-five days, InsyaaAllah I will be married. I am nervous, I won't lie. I don't know if I'll be a good wife, a good daughter or a good daughter-in-law. I do hope I will be a good woman, regardless of my status. But I'm only human. What if I make big mistakes? How do I stop myself from being angry and too out spoken? How do I divide my time for my husband, my parents and my in-laws as well as my PhD work? There's so many things running inside my head but I can't let that bog me down.
Alhamdulillah, a friend gave me a great book. The 'A gift for a Muslim bride' book by the honourable Sheikh Muhammad Haneef Abdul Majeed is an excellent gift for brides to be, single women and even for married women. It talks about great women of the past (eg: Sayyidah Khadijah RA), how to reduce anger, how to comfort your husband, five qualities of a pious wife and etc... All these topics can help you prepare yourself for marriage and becoming a pious woman, InsyaaAllah.
I am now on Chapter 10 and I find it hard to put this book down. It is now my bedtime story. Jazakillahu khairan sister for giving me the book. May Allah reward you tremendously and may I benefit from reading it.


On another note, my friend, Aini, and I are going to have a Bachelorette Night out next weekend. We're going to watch 'La cenerentola', a Cinderalla story in an Italian Opera version. Can hardly wait!


These pictures were taken at a new cake cafe called 'Sweet Bakery & Cakery'. It's a cute girlie cafe located in Karori. I love the interior of this cafe and I can see myself going there many more times in the future. InsyaaAllah.  

2 comments:

  1. Hana.. i will pray that your wedding journey turns out smoothly & perfectly.... so sad cant make it to your big day... happy counting the days hihi

    ReplyDelete