Tuesday, 14 April 2015

PhD Proposal

The best thing about doing your PhD is when your supervisors or reviewers give good comments to your work. So, you can imagine how I was when I received an email saying that my proposal has been approved! I was on top of the world! Alhamdulillah.

Some of their encouraging comments...

"I enjoyed the chance to read your review of this fascinating field and am happy to recommend that you proceed with this study"
 
"I would like to congratulate the candidate on a thoughtful and well prepared proposal"

Aren't those lovely words? I had tears in my eyes when I read the comments. I never thought I could make it this far. You have no idea how many times I felt like giving up while writing the proposal. It was hard work. Even so, I had fun in between the sweats and tears. Knowing that I have passed the probation period made everything worthwhile. Alhamdulillah. :)

Photo taken from here.

I suppose each university or country has a different style / process towards gaining a PhD. For example, in the USA, students are required to take courses in their first-two years, and then start their thesis proposal in their third year. In my university, I am given one year probation to do my thesis proposal and if I want to enrol in courses, it has to be within that one year probation as well. I enrolled in one course (advanced qualitative research methods) during my first semester here and I sat in one undergraduate class as well. Thus, in between doing assignments, presentations and readings, I had to write up the proposal. I am grateful that I made it and I know I couldn't have done it without the help of my supervisors and supportive family & friends around me.

My books, a motivation frame and a loyal companion, Pandy the panda.

Now that my proposal stage is over, the next stage for me is to do a pilot test and if everything is alright, I shall begin my data collection very soon. Wish me well! If you are doing a PhD or is thinking of doing a PhD, I hope you are motivated to pursue that dream. Keep going and never give up. Walt Disney once said, "If you can dream it, then you can do it."
 
Good luck to all of you. xxx

7 comments:

  1. Walt Disney jugak yg hana quote kan ..hihi comel..

    pandainya hana ni..jeless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im not pandai. but Alhamdulillah Allah helped me through y jouney.

      Delete
  2. yes Alhamdulillah... u give all the positive vibes of doing PHD.. that is very nice.. most of the blogs that I found were only have negative sides on it...how crazy the journey is.. how difficult it is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well it is difficult (or else semua org ada phd kan?) but it's not that hard either (sbb ramai je org berjaya ada phd).

      i had fun while studying and so should u. it's hard work, but u gotta find the blance, insyaaAllah. doa banyak2 :)

      Delete
  3. I've read your post.This post is informative.If you depend on our services for phd proposal we guarantee you that you will be highly pleased with the result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. tq! that is an interesting website! :)

      Delete