Thursday, 23 April 2015

Oral presentation

Phewwww.... I finally did my oral presentation (for PhD proposal) yesterday. Never thought I would make it, but I did. Alhamdulillah. I was so worried that my proposal wasn't good enough for a PhD level and I also imagined myself packing all my belongings and have them ship back to Malaysia asap. Such negative thoughts I had. My friends said, I'm being dramatic but honestly, I think it's normal for PhD students to think that way. Everyone I know said they were like me when they were in their first year. Thus, I'm normal, right?

So, about the presentation... A week before the presentation, my faculty will announce to the public that a certain student with this and that project title will be presenting on such a day and time. When I saw my name being announced in the faculty's email, I freaked out. You see, I have stage fright aka I don't like to talk in public. But you have to do what you have to do. So I prayed that nobody will turn up for my presentation.

On the day of the presentation, more than 10 people showed up. Gosh! Sweat started to build up but I forced positive thoughts in my head. I started out really nervous at first (even stumbled on my words) but after 5 minutes I managed to calm myself down. Then everything just unfolded itself smoothly. After 25 minutes of talking in front, everything was over. Yeay!!! I jumped really high on the inside when I clicked the last presentation slide. I made it! My supervisors were there cheering for me at the back. They were so encouraging, I held tears back *being dramatic*.

Then, questions and answers were opened to the public. I prayed that I won't get any questions that I can't answer. My prayers were answered because I could answer all the questions the audience asked. Thank you Allah.
Presenting your proposal is really nerve wrecking, I won't lie, but it isn't that bad either. I'm glad mine is all over. If I could do it, so can you.
I got a card from a lovely friend, Sharifah,
and then we (Sharifah, Syerina & I) celebrated with Vic Books' coffee at the uni's cafe hahaha. We'll have a real celebration later soon, InsyaaAllah. Maybe seafood at Crabshack? Well, that will be another story at another time. *smiles*

6 comments:

  1. Congrats hana! I'll always love your presentation since degree years... ;)

    "So I prayed that nobody will turn up for my presentation. "... haha this is funny..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha harus la doa org tak dtg, and org yang cerewet tak dtg so that dia tak tanya soalan susah2 hahaha

      Delete
  2. Congrats hana! i will use ur story as my inspiration.pray for me 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. InsyaaAllah you will do well. i nak visit laaaa u kat UK hehee

      Delete
  3. Aww the card looks lovely on the grass. Now the real work begins ;)

    ReplyDelete