Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Cathedral Cove, Coromandel

Are you a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia? I am a huge fan! I love magical / kids' movies / books. Well I love adults' books too but sometimes I read children's books to let off some steam. They are very entertaining. There's no shame in reading them. I read all the seven Narnia books which were absolutely wonderful. I wish someday I could be a great storyteller like C. S. Lewis and J. K. Rowling. InsyaaAllah.
 
Anyway, the movie 'Prince Caspian' shot a scene at Cathedral Cove, Coromandel, New Zealand. As a fan, of course I want to check the place out. Plus, it's a beautiful place worth to be visited.
 
Cathedral Cove is 2.15 hours away from Auckland airport. You have to rent a car to come here. 2.15 hours is not bad at all. Besides, you'll be driving around with beautiful scenery around you. What's not to love?
 
Once you've reached the place, you have to park at the parking space provided. Word of advice, come early! There's not much parking space there. From the parking space, you have to walk / hike to the beautiful beach (there's no other way). It will take around 45 minutes to reach the beach. Bring water and food because there's no restaurant or cafe whatsoever at the beach.
 
Some photos for you to enjoy...

 This is where you start... you can see the beach down below.

 Spectacular view of the sea.

Inside a rock arch.

 Opsie daisy. I didn't plan to get wet. See the rock arch in the background. Spectacular isn't it?

 I can't get enough of this view.
 
 Pumice breccia rock known as 'Te Hoho'.

Te Hoho and the rock arch.


I googled some photos from the movie 'Prince Caspian'... See, there were at the same place!



 
Beautiful experience. I would love to come to this beach again someday. InsyaaAllah. Maybe I'll come with a husband? *wink*

A funny photo from my sister... (photo courtesy of Google of course).


Until next time. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment